The policies at Primary Care - Lakeside are designed to make the care we provide more streamlined, efficient, and patient-centered for you.
- We pride ourselves on taking your time seriously and hope you will do the same for us. If you are running more than 15 minutes late, you have the option of waiting to see if any other patients cancel or do not show, or you can reschedule an appointment in the next available time slot.
If you are a new patient, we expect you to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment unless you have already completed your new patient paperwork, then arrival is 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. We like to have you in the room and ready for the provider at your appointment time.
- We prefer to diagnose your illness in the office instead of over the phone. We hope that our expanded hours and same day scheduling will accommodate your busy schedule and enable you to come in and see us for the best possible medical care. With our patient portal, you will have an opportunity to message your doctor about follow-up questions and concerns in the near future.
- Running Late: We pride ourselves on taking your time seriously and hope you will do the same for us. If you are running more than 15 minutes late, you have the option of waiting to see if any other patients cancel or do not show, or you can reschedule an appointment in the next available time slot.
- No Shows: We recognize that things happen so we allow for three excused no show appointments. A 4th no show for an appointment within a 12 month time period is grounds for a $25 fee and potential dismissal from the practice.
- Late Cancellations: All appointments cancelled with less than 24 hour notice will be considered a late cancellation. Late cancellations are handled just like no show appointments. Three late cancellations within a twelve month time period will be excused, however a fourth will be grounds for a $25 fee and potential dismissal from the practice. Please try whenever possible to cancel an appointment greater than 24 hours in advance if you know you will not be able to make it. This gives us the opportunity to offer the appointment to another patient who needs it.
- If you have a serious emergency, please call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room. We recommend Washington Health System Emergency Care for its exceptional care in a completely renovated state-of-the-art facility. For less serious urgent needs, we recommend the Urgent Care Center in McMurray for walk-in convenient care. Primary Care - Lakeside always has a doctor on call who is available for phone consultation for after-hours or weekend emergencies. Please call our office number to reach the doctor on call. Please be considerate and do not use this service for non-urgent needs that can be handled during regular business hours.
- At Primary Care - Lakeside, our goal is to provide the best care possible for you and your family. In order to do that, we need to get to know you and your health care needs.
- We recommend that healthy adolescent and adult patients be seen yearly for a physical.
- Those with stable chronic medical problems (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, depression, etc.) should be seen a minimum of twice yearly.
- Those with uncontrolled medical problems will need to be seen more often.
- Pediatric patients follow a more rigorous schedule of visits depending on their age and health care needs.
- If possible, it is best to get refills during your regular office appointment. For your convenience, we have medication on-site at LPC or we can e-prescribe your prescriptions directly to your pharmacy. We can also print prescriptions for you to send away to mail-order pharmacies.
- If you obtained your medication from LPC, please call the office to discuss refills.
- If you obtained your medication from a pharmacy, please call the pharmacy and have them fax a request to our office.
- Please give our office two business days to complete the refill process.
- Please note that no prescription refills are done after hours or on weekends.
- If you are unable to refill your prescription, it may be that you are due for an office visit, lab work, or testing. Please call the office and we will assist you in making arrangements to have necessary testing done.
- Chronic use of addictive medication presents unique challenges in primary care. At Primary Care - Lakeside, we prefer that our patients use Pain Medicine Specialists for chronic pain medication and psychiatrists for chronic anti-anxiety medications. We are extremely selective in prescribing addictive medications of any type. We have very strict policies and make no exceptions.
- Unwillingness to follow our medical recommendations concerning the use of addictive medications will result in dismissal from the practice.
If you carry a Health Maintenance Plan, or HMO, you must call them to change your PCP. They will establish an effective date. Our office cannot schedule you until this step is completed. Some insurance companies have deadlines, so depending on when you call, you may not become effective with our office until the following month.
Each insurance plan is different, so always be aware of your coverage. Some common HMO plans are Keystone Blue, Security Blue, All PA State Medicaid Plans, and UPMC HMO Plan. The rule of thumb is, if there is a doctor listed on your card..you need to call!
If you have not changed your PCP prior to your appointment you may be asked to reschedule. Our office staff cannot make this change for you and your office visit could be denied.